Email Print

Have you come to get medical treatment in Belgium?

If you come from a European Union country or Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland, don’t forget to take your S2 or E112 form. The form is issued by your insurance fund and must be valid for the period of your stay and must mention the hospital you are visiting.

On the basis of your form, you can obtain reimbursement of your medical costs in Belgium (according to Belgian rates and conditions). 

Since 25 October 2013, you may also come to Belgium to obtain care under the terms of the EU directive on patients’ rights in cross-border healthcare.  We would recommend that you contact your insurance company to obtain further information.